Monday, July 24, 2017

Disrupt the Customer Experience or Disappear

Disrupt the Customer Experience or Disappear

I’m often in Panera Bread restaurants. Usually, I’m there meeting with prospects or those in my network. On one such occasion, my appointment arrived early and selected a table near the front door.

During our conversation, I noticed customers stopping by the electronic kiosks to place their order. Then I noticed there were fewer than half the normal number of staff taking orders. Upon further scrutiny, I observed the location formerly that housed the terminals and staff had been replaced with a large area for pick up orders.

I started thinking about the contrast between the current Panera Bread business model and their former business model. Several years ago, their model was pretty simple: walk in, place your order with an employee behind their terminal, receive an electronic pager, go find your seat, retrieve your order when summoned. That was it!

Now one can order ahead, then simply stop by and pick up your food at the appropriate location skipping the line altogether.

http://ift.tt/2urX6sN

No comments:

Post a Comment